The popularity of Botox has grown rapidly over the last few years to become one of the most popular non – surgical procedures. Part of the appeal is that it’s not a surgical procedure and works very well to reduce wrinkles. It does not have the risks of surgery and does not cost thousands of pounds. People like the fact that its effects are not permanent and usually wear off after about three months
The cost of Botox can depend on many factors. Botox is generally more expensive in established centrally located City clinics. Most clinics in the UK charge by area, the frown lines are considered one area, the forehead a second area and crow’s feet a third area. Each successive area is usually given at a reduced rate compared to the previous area. Many clinics in the UK also charge a supplement for men having Botox, as they have stronger facial muscles and therefore need higher doses.
In the UK the average price for three areas ranges from £250- £400, depending on the clinic and the location. The cost of Botox is made up of the cost of the product itself and the service you receive. The following factors may explain the cost of treatment, these are also features of service quality and safety:
- Administering Botox is a skilled procedure and should be performed by a trained and experienced medical professional, either a doctor, dentist or a nurse. The medical professional will usually undertake a full medical history before the procedure to ensure the treatment is safe to reduce the risk of complications such as infection and drooping of the eyebrow.
- The practitioner should have registration with their relevant regulatory authority. For UK dentists this is the GDC.
- The practitioner should have appropriate insurance cover, also known as medical indemnity; this is to protect you if something goes wrong.
- The treatment is usually carried out in a well equipped clinic with excellent hygiene standards.
- It is good practice to offer a free follow up appointment so that the results of the treatment can be discussed and free top up given if needed.There are some clinics that are offering Botox at ridiculously cheap prices, such as “Botox for £99”, but cheapest is not always best. These practitioners may not be registered professionals and may not offer a full aftercare service. There are reports of unscrupulous practitioners injecting “fake Botox”, or giving very diluted doses or sometimes unregulated versions of the medicine.
At James Willis Faces in Totnes we understand that considering having botox or fillers or any facial enhancement can be a daunting thought. That’s why we take time and effort to deliver to you the very best standard of treatment, from the beginning to the end we are committed to making you look and feel good. We offer the very best in Customer Service and this was proven with our recent award for the Number One Clinic with Customer enquiries across the UK and Europe! This along with James’ extensive knowledge of facial anatomy, the finest products available and a calm and gentle manner, provides our clients with a 5 star service that you will not forget.
We offer a free relaxed consultation with no obligation. We also include a free mineral make up cover up after every treatment to ensure that you leave us with discretion and that ‘your secret is safe’! So trust James Willis Faces, we’ve got it covered!
Our prices start from £295 for three areas of botox, we also offer jaw tightening and neck smoothing treatments from £40.